Student Expectations and Grading
Be Prepared for class
- Wear the proper athletic/tennis shoes properly tied.
- Wear the proper Saint Rose Physical Education Uniform as outlined in the parent handbook.
- Keep hair out of face and eyes.
Play Hard, Play Fair, Play Safe
- Always participate with effort and seriousness in all activities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process, lesson, or activity.
- Demonstrate proper movement skills and concepts.
- Adhere to the rules or instructions of the lesson or activity.
- Display honesty during the lesson or activity.
- Allow equal opportunity for others to participate.
- Lookout for the safety of others.
- Avoid careless risks.
- Show an awareness of your body and those around you.
- Be respectful by listening during instruction time.
- Be respectful toward others at all times.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship in all games and activities.
- Show the value of others, the equipment, the property and the environment.
Dress Attire (40%)
Students must be in the proper Physical Education uniform each day they come to gym class. If for some reason they can not be in uniform, a written note from a parent must be given prior to the start of class that day. The student will therefore be excused. If a student comes to class without a note and not in proper uniform they will be given a kind reminder. After the second out of uniform in a nine week grading period, points will be deducted for the day.
Daily Evaluation (60%)
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior (good sportsmanship, teamwork, attitude, respect.
- Try your best in all activities and warm-ups.
- Work independently and with others during physical activity.
- Listen to and follow instruction.
- Follow both classroom and game rules.
- Have fun.