Saint Rose School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, affiliated with AdvancED,
and approved by the State of Tennessee and the Diocese of Nashville.
Each year, all Catholic schools in the Diocese of Nashville administer the ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills).
Saint Rose School also administers the following:
- ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills) to grades K - 8.
- 3rd and 6th CogAT (Cognitive Ability Test)
- Algebra 1 students take the End of Course exam required by the State of Tennessee.
- 3rd , 5th, 8th grade students take the Diocesan Religion Assessment
The Diocesan curriculum guidelines, consistent with the State of Tennessee for secular subjects are followed for the
teaching of all curriculums.
The core subjects are:
- Language Arts (Reading, Literature, Grammar, Spelling/Vocabulary, Penmanship, Writing)
- Social Studies (Includes Geography and History)
- Science/ Health.
- Disciplines that are taught several times a week depending on grade level are: Music, Band or Music Appreciation, Art, Computer, Library, Physical Education, Spanish and 7th & 8th grade Electives.
Saint Rose School believes that each student has potential and gifts that God has given him/her. The Special Services Program is designed to support children who are experiencing difficulty in the regular classroom or who qualify for enrichment. The goals of the Saint Rose Special Services Program are as follows:
- To provide support for teachers in identifying specific academic needs of students.
- To provide teachers with information about classroom adjustments necessary to meet academic needs of students who require extra support.
- To provide appropriate testing and/or contact to public school officials when further evaluation or assistance is needed.
- To provide individual and small group instruction for students who qualify.
- To provide enrichment programming for students excelling in specific areas.